All SOHO MARIE jewelry is skilfully designed and is expertly crafted by artisans using high quality, lasting materials such as gold vermeil and sterling silver.
Our jewellery is designed to be worn, enjoyed and lived in.
This care guide will help you maintain your jewelry to ensure its longevity.
Our gold-plated jewelry is made by electroplating 18k gold onto durable silver and stainless steel. It requires some care so we encourage you to follow these simple instructions to get the most wear out of your gold-plated pieces.
The nature of gold-plating means you need to take some care when wearing
them. We recommend you to:
- Remove your jewelry when exercising, washing your hands, showering, swimming or doing anything that involves moisture. Contact with liquid may cause oxidisation or discolouration. In other words, when there’s liquid there should be no wear.
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry when handling all gold-plated jewelry.
- Cleaning your gold-plated jewelry regularly will increase the lifespan of your piece. We recommend using a professional, high-quality jewelry cleaning solution to clean your jewelry. Do not use harsh chemicals or cleaners that aren’t specifically made for gold-plated jewelry.
- Rub, don’t buff. Use a cleaning solution, warm water and a soft cloth (we send one with every order) to clean your gold-plated items. We don’t recommend using a microfiber or cotton cloth to clean your gold-plated jewellery as this may strip away the plating. Do not apply a lot of pressure when rubbing, be gentle and ensure that your jewellery is completely dry if you’ve used a liquid to clean it.
- Keep away from perfume, cosmetics and body and hair sprays.
- Store your jewelry in a secure pouch (we send one with every order), box or air-tight container out of direct sunlight and away from heat.
- Take extra care of your gemstones, they may chip or become dislodged if dropped or improperly stored.